Thursday, January 30, 2020

Trust

Fun fact of the week: the Australian sun ain’t no joke 

Bonus fact: you have to lick stamps they aren’t all just stickers... who knew???? Not me or there’s this magic sticky roller thingy you can use too I guess. 

Recently I feel that God has been trying to get me to trust him and to let go of my struggles and worries and just hand it over to him and trust that he will take care of it all and that he has a bigger and greater plan. 

That’s not easy to do, I constantly feel like why is this happening and why would God let this happen to me, or Gods not going to use I not good enough and no matter how much I tell myself I am I can’t make it sink in that I’m enough to be used by God 

We had a worship session and I wasn’t singing, I was complaining to God I won’t even call it praying bc it was just me complaining about him letting things happen and leaders were walking around praying for people, and I said to God if you want to talk to me talk to me through Tom (Tom is not my leader and it’s very unlikely that he knew me and he had his own group to pray for) so I asked God to speak to me through the least likely person that would and sure enough Tom came over to me and I could feel the words he spoke were from the Lord, “trust in me my son, do not worry or be anxious of these things, give it to me, trust me, just let go and fall into my arms I’ve got it do not be afraid”  while hearing these things I cried because I knew I needed to let go and just trust God. But it wasn’t enough so I wiped the tears and I said okay God I trust you but I don’t believe you can use me so I want you to speak through someone else sure enough my group leader Kevin came over instantly and prayed and again I could hear it was from the lord saying “i want to use you in unthinkable ways as my mighty warrior on the front lines spreading my word and doing amazing things, you’re where you’re supposed to be and I am proud of you ” and I was in awe I had complained and God spoke to me through much grace because even after the first assurance he gave me more and he is so gracious in my unbelief. 

Following the worship we had the opportunity to do trust falls as a representation of us putting our trust in God, me being the heaviest guy in the room, naturally I was terrified that these small people would drop me but I stepped out and trusted and that’s how I need to be with God to just take that step 

I learnt that God will meet me where I’m at and he will have grace with my unbelief and he wants me to trust him and give it over to him all my anxiety and stress. 

Philippians 4:6 
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.” 

More to come 

-Quinn 

5 comments:

  1. I love your heart and I love your transparency. I love that you continually seek Christ and that you have said “yes” to Him! Keep seeking, keep praying, keep trusting and keep knowing that we will always be praying for you as well.
    Love, mom 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this Quinn, it is so awesome to read your words about God talking to you through the most unlikely ways. He is faithful! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Quinn! Brought me to tears! Thank you for sharing so openly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you Quinn! Keep trusting in God. This is awesome 👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your updates, Quinn. Thanks so much for sharing your heart and journey.

    ReplyDelete

Fred

Fred, 26 years old It was 9pm, I was walking down the street in the middle of the shopping centre with a group of my friends from clas...