Sunday, January 19, 2020

Doubt

I’m still in shock that I’m in Australia right now like I feel like it’s a dream 

Fun fact of the week:
I pet a kangaroo it was pretty awesome, if you’re ever given the opportunity to pet a kangaroo I highly recommend 

So this week has been awesome I’ve made some new friends and I’m building life long relationships with some amazing people! I’m so beyond blessed and grateful for everything Gods doing in my life, but I’d be lying to you if I didn’t have some doubts this week. I was going to class and we were learning about hearing Gods voice, and the speaker was great and I was taking notes and I was like yes this is so good, preach and I was hooked and I’m like yes I’m gonna hear Gods voice this week but I’ve never felt like I’ve actually heard God, usually i feel like I’m trying to and it’s just my own thoughts. Anyway, we had the opportunity to ask God to speak to us for the person next to us and I was like right on let’s go, and I prayed and I asked god to tell me what he wanted me to tell Anna what he wanted her to know, and I waited, and waited, and I tried so hard to kind of make my mind go blank but I could tell I was trying to have this profound thought and I was like okay like psalms what’s a good verse in there give me a number God, but nothing. And then right before we were supposed to share I just started thinking about trees and I’m like seriously God nothing just trees and psalms. So I said to anna, sorry but unless trees or psalms mean anything to you I’ve got nothing and those were probably just my own thoughts. And she was like no like I don’t think so. And I was very disappointed.

So all day I’m mad at God, like not mad mad but like frustrated and like confused because other groups were crying with eachother or having this audible voices and sharing and I got trees from my own mind so all day I’m frustrated right. 

Thoughts going through my mind included but not limited to: 
Maybe it was a mistake coming here 
I’m not good enough to hear from God 
God doesn’t want to use me 
I should go home 
Why doesn’t God want to talk to me? 
And I was just like come on God give me something like I don’t belong here everyone else is hearing from you except me. 
I was thinking all of these things kind of zoned out during our worship service and I looked at the screen and the lyrics read “you are welcome here”  and I cried I was like yes God that’s something and as I was sitting talking to my parents on the phone, I got a message from Anna that said read psalm 1:3 which says 

“That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.”
‭‭
And I was like OH MY GOODNESS, God you actually did speak to me and I was shocked and it was wild and I was excited and yeah that was my lesson this week. 

God is so Good and I’m learning that in new ways. 

More to come 
-Quinn 


15 comments:

  1. Quinn it won’t let me comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it work. Have I broken into the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn I’m in, I’m really in...this has been so exhausting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Quinn I broke your mom in. We’re taking over the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... your dad is losing it! I think he misses you 😊 LOVE this blog and I can seriously hear your voice as I read it. I have no doubt in my mind that you are exactly where God wants you to be right now xo- mom 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Quinn,
    Ginny here 😄 So glad to see you adapted to new place quickly. I reminded me when I first moved to Sarnia. I and family were blessed to meet and live among the friendly and kind-hearted neighbourhood. I hope you enjoy your journey and share more Gospel message to people there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow awesome to hear such a good blog it really made my day see ur having such a great experience

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your honesty about this experience, Quinn. The Holy Spirit speaks to us in different ways at different times, so don’t feel you’re not “spiritual enough” just because you don’t hear how or what you think you should. God promised, “You will seek me and you will find me when you seek me with all your heart.” No time frame or format is given though. He desires you to ask & ask, like seeking a great treasure. Then He will show Himself to you in unexpected ways. I love this journey you’re on! Keep asking to hear His voice! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Quinn!! We continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quinn, thank you so much for sharing! What an amazing experience this must have been for you! God is always listening and will respond in His own time. Patience can be frustrating but very rewarding in the end. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future and will pray for you and the entire group on your journey. ��
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quinn you are exactly where God wants you. Oh that more would be obedient to His call. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quinn, thanks for sharing this. I look forward to more of your posts and of you sharing the wonderful things God is teaching you. Ann B

    ReplyDelete

Fred

Fred, 26 years old It was 9pm, I was walking down the street in the middle of the shopping centre with a group of my friends from clas...