Monday, January 13, 2020

Here

Wow! I can’t believe it, after 49 hours of travel including a 20 hour layover in the Hong Kong airport I AM HERE. Saftely with all of the animals intended to kill me in Australia, but seriously there are signs to beware me of snakes, and the first thing I was told apron arrival to my living quarters was to check for spiders! All jokes and scares aside I am safe and adjusting quite nicely to the extremely hot and sunny weather.

Speaking of the sun, it comes up at 4:30am and is 32 degrees by 10am and only getting hotter... I love it. Fun fact Canadian sunscreen is a joke here so lucky I learnt the easy way and bought some Australian sunscreen!

So let’s talk about the flights shall we, they were so long and not the most comfortable and the food made me sick, 20 hours in the airport was boring because it was the middle of the night so nothing was open, and now you’re reading this and thinking is he just going to complain and be ungrateful, well no actually he’s not. I’m very thankful for safe flights and they were smooth and I had no problems getting where I needed praise God! And get this, I’d do all of it again for the feeling of stepping off the plane and knowing I’m where God wants me and the excitement of what he’s going to do with me.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support through this journey!

More to come
-Quinn

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and the blog link! We will be following along as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I misread the title as Quinnsy WAM adventure... and somehow it fits! So, Quinnsy, we’ll keep praying for you as you update us. Each day you will find things that make like difficult or challenging, but each new situation will also give you opportunities to celebrate and live life with gratitude. Each moment is a choice... do not tire of doing good! God is with you in the “in between” moments, not just in the planned events or destinations. Be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to be able to follow you Quinn. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Fred

Fred, 26 years old It was 9pm, I was walking down the street in the middle of the shopping centre with a group of my friends from clas...