Sunday, February 16, 2020

Genesis & Spiders

Fun fact of the week: if you put towels and blankets up around your bunk bed (making a pretty sweat Fort) you can sleep longe because less light comes in ;)

Sorry it’s been a while since my last update/post but I’m still alive and doing great! I am learning crazy amounts and loving every day!!!

So we went camping last weekend I can’t remember if I’ve talked about that yet. I shared a tent with the two other guys in my group who are both taller than me one 6.2 the other 6.5 and we shared a 4 man tent... it said 4 man, it did not feel like a 4 man tent AT all. But anyway it was awesome we had a great weekend as a team bonding and cooking together playing games and even swimming in a river!! Little did we know that the river was full of eels that we weren’t aware of until after the camping trip! But it was great we were cleaning up the campsite and folding up the tent when we heard screaming from the girls site we thought of they must have seen a spider or something, no biggie, until we pulled back the cover on our tent and I heard a similar scream this time from, Ben, because apparently we also had a furry spider friend who allegedly is extremely poisonous. Pretty sweat if you ask me face to face with danger, my mother may tell you that it’s not cool but I think it’s pretty sick! So all in all great camping trip 

Also as you know I am going to South Africa and Mozambique!! Super excited about that I don’t know the dates yet but when I do I’ll make sure you know! Below is a picture of my team going with me! 

I’ve decided I’m going to read the bible cover to cover, seems easy enough. So I’m out here like yeah Genesis god created heaven and earth, Adam and Eve, they have kids the world is born right? Basics I’m thinking that Genesis is boring BUT Have you ever actually read Genesis like OH MY, so many questions, like Cain kills Able, but then he is afraid of being killed by people when they find out what he’s done.... yeah I would be too But, WHERE are these people from?? Because to my knowledge it’s just Adam, Eve and now Cain because Able is dead, so who’s gonna kill Cain??? Also let’s talk genealogy (Genesis 5) where are these women coming from because I know that men aren’t just snapping fingers and Sons are just there. There are a lot of other crazy things I’ve read in Genesis and that’s just the first book!! Anyway I’m surprised at how little I actually knew and Genesis isn’t boring is kind of my point. But anyway I’m wayyy off of what I was actually going to write this blog about but whatever just a little rant of excitement and kind of spillage of where my brain is at reading this wild story that I’ve over looked my whole life, wonder what Exodus is about ¯\_()_/¯ probably not what I think. 

More to come 

-Quinn


3 comments:

  1. Love you, every crazy bit of you! Next time... it’s ok to leave out the dangerous parts 😘 Wish I could give you a big hug right about now. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your challenging yourself, Quinn! Praying for all of you as you prepare for what’s to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn!!! Love all of this sooo much!! Thanks for taking the time to share thoughts and pictures~ except for that spider- it makes me want to cry actually. We are following along and holding you up in prayer! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Fred

Fred, 26 years old It was 9pm, I was walking down the street in the middle of the shopping centre with a group of my friends from clas...